Friday, December 21, 2012

'Tis the Season

I adore the holiday season.  Every year, I get excited as Thanksgiving approaches.  The holiday season always reminds me of my childhood and the anticipation of decorations, parties, sweets, gifts, and precious time spent with my family.  

Here are some of my holiday favorites:

Family gatherings.  Each and every year I am reminded of just how blessed I am.  And now that I have a child, I consider these gatherings even more precious.  Family is truly what it's all about.


Liam and his cousins last weekend in their Christmas jammies

Food.  I love to eat.  And this time of year gives me a happy excuse to indulge!  I'm also obsessed with all things peppermint.  I made this peppermint fudge last weekend for our family celebration and it was a huge hit. 


Source: 4littlefergusons.wordpress.com via Michelle on Pinterest

Twinkling lights, Christmas trees, garland, all of the holiday decor.  I have always enjoyed decorating for Christmas.  I love nothing more than sitting in a darkened room next to a lit Christmas tree.  By the way, my tree looks nothing like this.  Ours is only decorated on the upper half because of a certain curious one year-old!


Source: http://pinterest.com/luxechronicles/it-s-beginning-to-look-a-lot-like/

Christmas books and music.  As a little girl, I loved reading Christmas books and singing carols.  These days, I'm enjoying reading those same stories to Liam.  And every afternoon we listen to one of the holiday stations on Pandora.




My Balsam and Cedar Yankee candle.  I have been burning this everyday since October.  The smell reminds me of the burning pine in the fireplace of the cabin where we stayed in Colorado.  It's a perfect holiday smell!


Hot chocolate.  Even though it hasn't been that cold out, I still love a good cup of hot chocolate.  Now, if I only had these cute reindeer mugs to go with it....


Source: http://pinterest.com/pin/107171666104305966/


Watching my son experience Christmas.  He's still too little to really understand, but he is already learning to enjoy the holiday fun.  I can't wait to watch his excitement grow each year as he experiences pure joy.  Children give the holidays a whole new meaning.



Learning to open presents

Grandma lets him lick the fudge bowl.  Yummy!

May your season be filled with peace, love, and joy.


xoxo
M

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! :-) I've just discovered hazelnut 'milk'. Makes the best hot chocolate!!!! Love the pic of all the kiddos! I'll be in Auntie mode for a week starting Sunday. Can't wait! I've made miss L a dress, me a matching skirt and her doll a dress too. Can't help myself. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too! Hazelnut milk...I'm going to have to look into that! I can't wait to see pics of the matching dresses. Enjoy every minute. Love and miss you!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! I'm keeping these photos because they are so awesome (the family ones, I mean). It looks like a wonderful time spent together. Your mom has become the most beautiful grandmother...please tell her I said that! I received wonderful Christmas cards from all of you, thank you (and tell your mom). I didn't get any sent out this year, I've not been very well, but you are all in my heart.

    Last week, I cam across a picture of the four of us at Grandma's in front of the table that held the tree...do you remember? I need to scan the picture and write a flashback post ;)



    ReplyDelete