Sunday, August 25, 2013

Terrific Twos

As most of you know, Liam turned two a few weeks ago.  I know that we aren't very far into the "twos" but, I must say, two isn't so bad!  In fact, there are times when two is delightful.  

Yes, we have our moments.  Moments when he's laying on the floor kicking his feet and screaming.  Moments when he throws his milk across the room and flings his food across the table.  In those moments, I'm very aware that he is testing me.  Trying to see how I'm going to respond and if a boundary is going to be set.  After spending years in the classroom, I know just how important those boundaries are.  I also know how important consistency is.  There are times when I have to force myself to follow through on things, but I know that if I don't, I'm going to be negating my own authority.  

Despite those challenging moments, we are having a lot of fun.  I just love how his little personality is coming to life.  I also love that he is learning new words every day and is now putting sentences together.  I love that he can tell me what he wants.  I love that he says "please" and "thank you".  I love how he jumps around and plays air guitar.  I also love how he laughs and sings songs.

At times, his energy level is exhausting.  But it's also really fun to watch.  He wakes up with so much joy every day and is so excited as he discovers the world around him.

So, when it comes to the twos, I'm choosing to focus on the good.  And so far, two is good.  Really good!

Here are some pics from the three different birthday celebrations!  


Driving Grandpa's tractor

First session of presents

Making a wish

Who wants cake?

Grandpa and Grandma

Oh boy!

A chainsaw...just like daddy's!

He was so excited his little legs were shaking!

Another party with Grandpa and Grandma
Fun with "Boppaw"
Here's to the terrific twos!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment