Monday, January 27, 2014

Grateful Monday

Well here we are to Monday again!  Last week was a bit of a whirlwind for me with the start of the new semester.  I pretty much collapsed at the end of the week and took one, very long nap on Saturday afternoon.  It was a good week but a tiring one!

So to start this week off on a positive note, here are five things I'm grateful for:

  • Did I mention I took a nap on Saturday? It was the kind of nap where you crash hard for a couple of hours and wake up not knowing where you are or what day it is. I can't remember the last time I slept like that. 
  • Warmer temps over the weekend.  The polar vortex is about to strike again so it was really nice to get outside for a bit.  I even opened our windows on Sunday afternoon to get some fresh air in the house.
  • I officially started writing my dissertation last week.  It hasn't been easy.  In fact, it's been super slow and painful, but my first (very short) chapter will be done this week. I'm trying to celebrate the progress.  I also know that it will take me a bit to find my writing groove.  Baby steps!
  • My first classes went very well last week.  I'm really settling into this college teaching gig.  I was more excited than nervous before my first class, and that says a lot!
  • We just found out that some dear friends of ours are expecting their first child this summer.  I am so super happy and thrilled about this news!  They are going to be fabulous parents.
Have a wonderful week and stay warm!

xoxo



1 comment: