Friday, February 14, 2014

37 Years.....

Tomorrow is my birthday.

I don't mind.  I've always thought of each passing birthday as a blessing, and with each year comes the gift of more wisdom and more perspective.  As I get older, I also find myself more comfortable in my own skin.  That alone is worth so much. 


Source

So here I am at 37 years young.  I've learned a lot in my 37 years, but here are 10 things I know for sure.
  1. Happiness is a choice. It's not something that happens when the conditions are right.  I choose happiness every single day.  
  2. Good health is a gift that should be cherished.  It can be stolen away in a blink of an eye, at any age.   Taking care of my body and making healthy choices is essential.
  3. Life is about people.   Family and friends are at the center.  Surround yourself with good ones. I'm a much better person because of the wonderful people around me. 
  4. Spending time in nature always makes me feel better. When in doubt, get outside.  Unplug.  Breathe.  Be still and listen. 
  5. Education is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves. Knowledge really is power.  Never stop learning.
  6. Kindness really does pay off. 
  7. A strong marriage is based on friendship and trust.  My husband is my favorite person. We tell each other everything, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
  8. Sunscreen is mandatory. If only I could go back and tell this to my teenage self.
  9. Music is food for the soul.  Listening to one of my favorite songs is like magic, if only for a little while.
  10. Faith is essential.  Believing in a higher power brings me great comfort.  Often times, it's my only comfort as I try to make sense of this big, bad world we live in. 

The older I get, the more certain I am of these 10 truths. 

Hello 37.  

I can't wait to see what you bring...


1 comment: