Monday, April 14, 2014

Grateful Monday

It's been awhile since I've done a grateful Monday post, but this week, I really need it.

I'm hoping that this post will help me keep perspective as we deal with having to replace our sewer line.  This is a majorly expensive project, and it's gotten me frazzled.  I just keep telling myself that it will all be okay.  Once it's fixed, we won't have to worry about it anymore.  And when it comes time to sell this house, it will, hopefully, pay off!

I really just hope and pray that they don't find anymore problems once they dig a massive trench in my front yard.  Fingers crossed. 

So today, here are five things that I'm grateful for:

  • Our health.  Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed or down about life's problems, I always remind myself that we are all healthy.  And that is priceless.  I would deal with this sewer problem any day over a health issue.  Hands down.  
  • Our home.  While I'm not exactly loving our 110 year-old house at the moment, I need to remind myself that we are blessed to even have a home.  And a pretty darn cute one at that!
  • My parents.  They are making an impromptu trip to come see us tomorrow so my dad can be here for this project.  He's got a lot of experience in this area, and we are so blessed to have his expertise and help.
  • My husband.  I tend to be a nervous nelly, and he is always an optimist.  He's always so patient and compassionate and knows exactly how to calm me down.  I just love him.
  • Spring.  Though today is cold, we had a beautiful weekend.  And one benefit of having to dig up our landscaping is that I had no choice but to cut my hyacinths.  I've got bunches of them scattered about, and now, my house smells divine.

Here's to counting blessings and staying positive!

Have a wonderful week!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment