Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lately

Life has been full lately. 

Last week was my spring break so Liam and I spent a few days visiting with my parents. We came home and then I packed my bags and headed to Pittsburgh to present at the NARST conference.  I do enjoy going to conferences, but at this point, I'm kind of tired of travelling. I have no plans to get on a plane anytime soon and that is fine by me!

Here is a little random peak into life around here lately.
  • I finally have a pretty solid outline for my dissertation so I'm in full writing mode.  Now I just need to find some precious time to put my nose to the grind.  My goal is to be finished with a draft by Labor day (I can't believe I'm actually telling that to the world....it kind of makes me want to hyperventilate....) 
  • We are busy planning our summer concert season. (Yes... I did just talk about needing to find time to write my dissertation and now I'm talking about going to concerts.  It's all about balance right?!)  We have tickets to see Ray LaMontagne and the John Butler Trio, two of my very favorite musicians!  We also have tickets to this festival, which will likely be the highlight of the summer.  

We are considering this festival, but I need to see how my writing goes before I commit.  Hopefully this can be a reward for finishing a couple chapters!


  • Here's Liam with his little buddy Cecelia. After the longest winter ever, we are seriously enjoying being able to play outside again.  

  • Speaking of my little guy, he is keeping me on my toes these days and starting to challenge me a bit.  But he's also talking up a storm and just being all around awesome.  Here he is playing his "big boy" guitar with his new guitar strap.  This kid just can't get enough music.  About two days ago, he started making up little tunes along with words.  It kind of melts my heart.....



  • Speaking of the longest winter ever...this winter wrecked havoc on my skin.  I've never had dry skin like I had this year.  In a moment of desperation, I tried this oil and it was like a miracle.  It's now one of my skincare essentials.  I never in my life thought I would be putting oil on my face but this stuff is uh-mazing!  My skin has never looked better.  I use it morning and night.  It is pricey, but a little goes a long way.  I might actually go so far as to say that this is the best skin care product I've ever used.  For real. 




  • I'm SO ready for it to warm up so I can start wearing warm weather clothes. Anyone else totally over your winter wardrobe?! I'm ready for sundresses, skirts, and sandals.  I recently discovered the store Altar'd State and it's totally up my alley.  It's very similar to Anthropologie but not as expensive.  I picked up this shirt on sale, and I love it.



  •  At the end of last year, we were hit with a couple of costly car repairs.  So at the start of the year, we revisited our budget and started using a cash system (I plan to write a post about this).  I have been so impressed by the changes that have resulted in our spending and how much more intentional we are with our money.  I'm completely sold on this approach!  
  •  I'm gearing up for a weekend away with some of my girlfriends.  We are heading out on a girls' backpacking trip.  I can't wait to spend some quality with my soul sisters and also be in the woods for a couple of days!  Fun stuff!
xoxo


1 comment: