Friday, March 21, 2014

About a bracelet.....

I love Amy Butler and her gorgeous fabrics.  So I frequently peruse her website looking at her photos.  I came across this one a few years ago, and I immediately loved the tunic.

I actually bought the pattern, and one day, I intend to make it.  Let's hope that happens before Liam goes to college, but I'm not making any promises. 

Aside from the shirt, however, I also fell in love with that bracelet.  Do you see it? I kind of have a thing for cuffs.  And this one is bohemian perfection with it's mother-of-pearl and silver design.  




Since that day, I have thought about this bracelet.  And many times, I have scoured the internet searching for one like it.

And I found one.  But it was $275 and that was not in my budget.  

So, this past December, on a random Saturday (when I probably should have been grading papers or doing something productive) I decided to search for this bracelet instead. 

Imagine my excitement when I found one on eBay for a steal. I immediately bid on it and then I had to wait...

I don't buy a lot of things off eBay, but I know from experience that waiting for the auction to end is one of the worst parts.  Before I ever bid on something, I always set an amount that will be my maximum.  

And trust me, it is tragic when you see a beloved item's price rise above your maximum bid and you have to just walk away.

I was terrified for two days that I would lose this beautiful bracelet.


But alas, I won it at a crazy cheap price.   And I when I received it in the mail, I was giddy with excitement.  It was even more beautiful in person. 

And here I am wearing it at one of our Christmas gatherings.  This has quickly become one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.  I don't wear it often because it is delicate, but when I do, it makes me incredibly happy.


To think that I found that exact bracelet on a random Saturday on Ebay....it kind of feels like serendipity.  I'm pretty sure it was meant to be. 

1 comment: