Monday, April 16, 2012

Grateful Monday

Five things I'm grateful for today:

  • My little boy has been really sick the past few days with the hand, foot, and mouth virus.  This is our first major sickness and it's been a rough few days.  This experience makes me very grateful that he is generally very healthy.  I have a whole new respect for parents of seriously ill children.  My heart truly goes out to them.
  • My husband, who is an amazing dad.  He's been right there with me caring for our son.  I'm so grateful that he is so involved and hands-on.
  • Pedicures.  My sister-in-law and I stepped out for a bit yesterday to get a pedi.  It was such a nice treat and gave me a chance to decompress a bit.
  • Supportive colleagues.  We begin state testing this week, which means the next two weeks are going to be chaos. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to be out much of this week and my administrative team is extremely understanding and supportive.  
  • Coffee.  We haven't had much sleep the past few days.  If it weren't for coffee, I would probably be asleep on the floor, under my desk right now!

1 comment: