Saturday, April 21, 2012

And....We're Back


I've been quiet over here.  We've had the sickies for the past week and a half and it has not been fun!  Liam came down with the hand, foot, and mouth virus.  I had never even heard of this but apparently it's quite common in young children.  Adults rarely get it, but somehow, I did and let me tell you, it brought me down!  My fever peaked at 104 and my throat was covered in blisters.  Once I knew how awful it was, I felt even worse for my poor little boy.  It's hard enough having a sick baby but once you know how much something hurts....it just breaks your heart. 

I was home sick most of the week and spent many hours snuggling with my son.  This sickness came at the absolute worst time for me.  We started state testing this week and a major part of my job is test coordination.  Luckily, I'm blessed with two amazing colleagues who ran the show without me.  I am continuously amazed by these two women who are always going above and beyond, working day and night for the good of our school.

That's the thing about being sick....when it happens, it's completely out of our control.  Truth be told, I was too sick to really worry about the bad timing.  My to-do lists went out the window, and I was forced to hit the pause button in a major way. I suppose it's a good reminder to truly be present in the moment.

Fortunately, we are back up and running, but we are taking it easy this weekend.   Our plans to hit up the Earth Day celebration tomorrow have changed and instead, we'll be enjoying Earth Day from home.  We will definitely get outside a bit to celebrate our good health!

Liam is back to himself and going full force.  In spite of being sick, he perfected the art of pulling up this week and is starting to cruise around.  As you can see, he also seems to think that my shelves need some reorganizing.



Now, if only we can teach him how to sit back down....

I hope your weekend is full of rest and joy.  Happy Earth Day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are all feeling better -- that illness sounds HORRIBLE! I bet your shelves are looking better than ever. Remember that even if Liam doesn't know how to sit down yet, he's got padding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are both feeling better...that sounds straight-up awful!

    ReplyDelete