Monday, July 9, 2012

Grateful Monday

Five things I'm grateful for today:

  • The heat has broken.  Finally.  Hard to believe that 90 degrees feels cool...but I'll take it over 105 degrees any day!
  • Rain.  After many weeks without any precipitation, it finally poured last night and gave the earth a much needed drink.  
  • My family.  I spent a few days at my parents' with my brother and his family last week.  It was such a joy seeing Liam play with his cousins.  Having children around definitely makes our visits extra fun!
  • A slow month ahead.  Aside from a few concerts, we don't have much on the calendar this month, which means we can truly enjoy these lazy summer days.
  • Liam is slowly learning to put himself to sleep.  While bedtime is still a challenge, nap time is getting easier.  I'm feeling a small victory over here.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about the heat! Ugh. It was 72 yesterday morning and I about needed a coat. Even 90 degrees feels so much better than 105.

    Enjoy your slow month :)

    ReplyDelete