Thursday, June 27, 2013

La-La Laundry

We did it.  We finally got a new washer and dryer, which has changed my life!  Who knew all that was standing between me and a love for laundry was a new washer and dryer?!  

Doing one load of laundry on our old set took hours.  We were up to 5 drying cycles per load.  And a load of towels? Forget about it.  Needless to say, I was about to lose it and decided to just take the plunge.  

What an amazing difference!  I'm still slightly shocked when I open the dryer after 40 minutes and everything is dry!  

We went with the Whirlpool Cabrio set and got a very nice deal from Sears. 



I went back and forth trying to decide between a top loader and a front loader.  I finally decided on this one because it fit our budget and got very high reviews.  I really wanted to upgrade to the dryer with the steam option and almost did.  However, our doorways in this old house aren't standard size and the steam dryer would not fit through our basement door.

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of doing laundry with these bad boys, I couldn't be happier.  

Laundry doesn't seem like a chore anymore. Truthfully, I kind of look forward to it. I love how our clothes come out fluffy and soft and smelling wonderful.  

It's also on my life list to own a high efficiency washer and dryer so I get to check that off!  I love that this set as an Eco option and results in major energy savings.  

Now, if only someone would invent a machine that would fold laundry and put it away...but until then, I'll just enjoy the luxury of these new machines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment