Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Listen to the Music

We are music lovers.  In fact, my husband and I met through our love of music.  

We have music playing almost constantly at our house and various instruments hanging on our walls.

He's pretty much a walking encyclopedia when it comes to music...and he's introduced me to several new artists.

For my birthday, he gave me these two albums, which I just love. They've become my most recent obsession.

Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs: God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise

Ray Lamontagne...this guy is just amazing.  I love his voice and he's such a talented songwriter.  At the end of the day, I get into my car and his music takes me to my happy place.

Song Up In Her Head


Sarah Jarosz

I pretty much want to be her.  This girl is twenty years old, just adorable, plays the guitar and banjo, writes her own songs, and sings.  She's been called a "contemporary bluegrass prodigy".  Seriously, she's my new idol.    

What about you?  What are you listening to these days?

1 comment:

  1. I am completely obsessed with Sarah Jarosz...I really like Crooked Still lately :)

    ReplyDelete