Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On a Whim

I dyed my hair red last week.  It was an unexpected decision.

I was walking through Target and about to buy my usual "warm medium brown" semi-permanent hair color.  Then I picked up "medium auburn brown".  I figured I would just go for it...thinking it would still be more brown than red.

I was wrong.  It's definitely red!





What do you think?

I'm still undecided as to whether I love it or hate it.  The good news is that it will wash out so I'm not really committed to it.

I know that it's not a coincidence that I did this one day after learning I'll be submitting my proposal in six weeks.  When I'm stressed, I tend to do these kinds of things on a whim.  I've also been re-staging our bookshelves....trying to integrate some turquoise into all the red.  Nothing like a little home decorating project to keep you focused!  Don't even ask my husband about this one.  He thinks I'm certified crazy.





By the way, he also thinks I'm nuts when I ask him to take pictures of me for this blog.  It could have something to do with the fact that I make him take them over and over again, but the picture above speaks for itself.  I mean really? Who poses like that?!

Here's another great one for your viewing pleasure.  I'm not chewing anything.  I swear.  How's that for keepin it real ?!




Anyway, I'm going away for the weekend with some of my girlfriends and I can't wait to surprise them with my fiery redheadness!  

After dying my hair, I remembered that being a redhead is on my life list!  So there you go....now I can check that off!

Speaking of my life list, I looked back and there are a few other things that I managed to check off in the past year:


6. Quit my job so I can spend more time with my son  
49. Dye my hair red
31. Take Liam to a music festival
43. Learn embroidery

I quit my job in June, which was the greatest decision ever!  I'm so blessed to be able to spend more time with Liam while also focusing on my studies.

We also took Liam to his first music festival over a weekend in September.  It was a very family friendly event.  One that we'll definitely return to again this year.  Here he is with my sister-in-law dressed up as a gorilla for the parade.  Cutest. gorilla. ever.





I just recently started embroidering.  I don't necessarily have a lot of time to dedicate to it, but I find that when I do, I really enjoy it.  I like to keep my hands busy!  Plus, it's fun to learn the different stitches and to make something pretty in the process.  Once it's done, I'll share the end result...you can expect that probably sometime in 2017.

Now that I've re-read those lists, I'm inspired to do more fun things!  I just need to write that dissertation proposal first.... 

1 comment: