Thursday, May 2, 2013

Busy busy

We have had a very busy couple of weeks!  Here is what we've been up to around here:


  • I recently traveled to Washington DC for a quick trip to visit the National Science Foundation.  It was a whirlwind trip, but I came away with such invaluable knowledge about the grant writing process.  I may be writing a grant proposal with my PhD adviser this summer, so this experience could be rather helpful.

  • I then traveled to Nashville, TN to meet up with my roommates from college for a girls' weekend.  I'll be writing more on that soon!  Here's a sneak peek:



  • I submitted my dissertation proposal to my committee on Tuesday.  I have been living and breathing this proposal for the past six weeks so it feels really good to have it done.  I honestly can't believe I met the deadline.  It seemed so crazy when I first started, but somehow, I managed it.  It ended up being 85 pages long and included 97 references.  The craziest part?  I read most of those 97 references during the last six weeks while writing.  I'm pretty sure my brain is maxed out for awhile.  I have to defend it on May 13th.  Then, hopefully, I'll be free to start collecting my data.  In any case, it feels good to step away from the reading and writing for a bit!

  • During this busy time, Andrew has taken on the bulk of the parenting duties.  I'm so grateful for his support.  I must say, I was really starting to miss Liam while I was gone.  It reminds me, once again, how blessed I am to be able to stay home with him part-time.  Today was my first day at home with him in a week, and it was such a treat. We spent most of the day playing.  I just love days like that!  Sometimes the simplest things are truly the most precious.

  • Liam has learned how to count.  Here's a fun video of him counting to 10.  Of course I think he's a total genius!



Things should be settling down for awhile, and I am definitely welcoming the break.

I'll be back with more soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment